VIVEK AGRAWAL, a journalist with 3 decades of vast experience in the field of crime, defense, legal and terrorism in all the dimensions of media.
Since 1985, he actively started writing as a freelancer in the field of Journalism for the local, state and national newspapers and earned good name in the united Madhya Pradesh.
His career in the mainstream newspapers started in 1992 with Hindi tabloid ‘Hamara Mahanagar’ at Mumbai, Maharashtra and since then there is no stopping. In 1993, he joined Hindi national newspaper ‘Jansatta’ as a crime reporter. He broke many big time stories in both the newspapers.
His broadcast media journalism days started with ‘Janmat’ channel. This was a unique channel with the tag line of ‘India’s First Views Channel’, after sometime, it was converted as a full time news channel by the name ‘Live India’. Apart from holding Bureau Head position for Maharashtra-Goa states, management relied upon Vivek Agrawal to start news on its very fresh venture and an infotainment channel –‘Mi Mrathi’. He successfully designed and created a news segment in the channel and built a very strong news force network across the Maharashtra and Goa states.
After this Vivek Agrawal joined a premium broadcast News Company of country – ‘India TV’. In the channel he worked as an investigative journalist and cracked many stories of Mumbai Mafia, Terrorism, Financial Crimes and Homeland Security.
Then Vivek Agrawal joined as State Head with ‘News Express’. A new venture, where procuring / setting the infrastructure from ground zero with all HD equipments and broadcast was not only a big challenge but it’s tagline of “Political News” was biggest experiment in the news industry.
He is now focusing on writing and making documentary projects along with consulting few print and electronic media houses to establish and run their news businesses with right directions and high esteem. He is offering his services as a news broadcast channel /newspaper /magazine setup professional to news assessment editor to various new establishments across the nation.
- Mumbai Mafia based two books ‘MumBhai’ & ‘MumBhai Returns’ published by Vani Prakashan in 2015 and 2016,
- Third book ‘Khel Khallas’ published by Story Mirror in 2017.
- Forth book ‘Bombay Bar’ Rajkamal Prakashan Group in January 2018.
- Edited ‘Rangkalam’, a collection of drama scripts of competition by Being Association.
- Edited ‘Dil Hi To Hai’ poetry collection of well-known journalist author Shakeel Akhter.
‘Underworld Bullets’ & ‘Underworld Ke Chaar Ekke’ is in the press. Few more titles uncovering Peninsular Underbelly are in the process.
Awards / Achivements
- Book ‘MumBhai’ won the Maharashtra Rajy Hindi Sahita Academy Award in Journalism category in 2017.
- Won the CFBP Consumer Film Festival Award for Script Writing in 2017.
- Book ‘MumBhai’ rated #1 by Nilesen-Jagran Hindi Bestseller Book 2018 in Non-Fiction category.